Note: For all players 30 years of age or older during 2016
EKURHULENI MID-AMATEUR IPT SELECTION CRITERIA 2016:
The following will apply for the selection of the Mid-Amateur Team to represent Ekurhuleni Golf Union at the 2016 Inter Provincial Tournament:
- The order of merit will be determined by stroke average.
- A minimum of 4 Tournaments (8 rounds) needs to be played.
- List of official Mid-Amateur Order of Merit qualifying tournaments:
• 2015 Limpopo Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Central Gauteng Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Ekurhuleni Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Ekurhuleni Closed Championships
• 2016 Gauteng North Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Boland Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Southern Cape Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Highveld Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Free-State Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 SA Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Eastern Province Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 Lowveld Mid-Amateur Open
• 2016 North West Mid-Amateur Open
4. Order of Merit rules:
• Only the abovementioned Mid-Amateur rounds count for this order of merit.
• To qualify for listing on the Mid-Amateur order of merit, a player must complete at least 4 tournaments (8 rounds) to appear on the final ranking.
• Stroke differential is determined by the average of a player's score differences to the course rating per round.
• The course rating is the average of the top 33% scores for each round of 18 holes
• The average of the best 8 of the differentials (rounds), determines a player's position on the order of merit.
• Any 'no return' will be allocated the highest score for the round, unless there is reasonable proof the player discontinued play due to illness, injury or any other acceptable reason approved by the Ekurhuleni Executive Committee
5. Ekurhuleni Team Selection:
• The top five(5) available players after the 2016 North West Mid-Amateur Open on this Mid-Amateur order of merit will be automatic selections into the Ekurhuleni Mid-Amateur Inter-provincial Team
• In addition, three (3) wild card players may be selected by the Selection Sub Committee.
One (1) wild card player can be selected regardless of his position on the final Ekurhuleni ranking (must comply with requirements mentioned in par. 4).
Two (2) wild card players can be selected regardless of their status on the Ekurhuleni or SAGA Order of Merit.
6. In addition to the selection criteria:
In the Team selection process, Attitude and Behaviour displayed by players are of paramount importance.
The only individuals who will be eligible for selection for any Ekurhuleni Golf Union team - irrespective of position on the order of merit - will be those who consistently display a respect for the etiquette of the game, as well as an Attitude and Behaviour that are of the highest standard.