Note: For all players 30 years of age or older
EKURHULENI MID-AMATEUR IPT SELECTION CRITERIA 2018:
The following will apply for the selection of the Mid-Amateur Team to represent Ekurhuleni Golf Union at the 2018 Inter-Provincial Tournament:
1. The order of merit will be determined by the EGU stroke averages.
2. A minimum of 8 rounds (4 Tournaments) needs to be played.
3. List of official Mid-Amateur Order of Merit qualifying tournaments:
- 2017Ekurhuleni Open
- 2017Limpopo Mid-Amateur Open-2 & 3 December 2017
- 2018Central Gauteng Mid-Amateur Open-14 January 2018
- 2018Ekurhuleni Closed Championships-4 February 2018
- 2018ERPM Seniors / Mid Am(18 holes)-28 January 2018
- 2018Ekurhuleni Mid-Amateur Open-11 February 2018
- 2018Gauteng North Mid-Amateur Open-4 March 2018
- 2018AltClub Championships at Home course-3/4 March 2018
- 2018 Border Mid-Amateur open-10 March 2018
- 2018Springs Seniors / Mid Am(18 holes)-18 March 2018
- 2018Highveld Mid-Amateur Open-8 April 2018
- 2018Free-State Mid-Amateur Open-22 April 2018
- 2018SA Mid-Amateur Open-1 – 4 May 2018
- 2018Southern Cape Mid-Amateur Open-26/27 May 2018
- 2018Eastern Province Mid-Amateur Open-2/3 June 2018
- 2018Limpopo Mid-Amateur Open-9/10 June 2018
- 2018Lowveld Mid-Amateur Open-8 July 2018
- 2018Serengeti Seniors / Mid Am(18 holes)-15 July 2018
- 2018Northen Cape Mid-Amateur Open-21/22 July 2018
- 2018KwaZulu-Natal Mid-Amateur Open-5 August 2018
- 2018North West Mid-Amateur Open-19 August 2018
4. Order of Merit rules:
- Only the abovementioned Mid-Amateur rounds count for this order of merit.
- To qualify for listing on the Mid-Amateur order of merit, a player must complete at least 8 rounds of golf (minimum 4 tournaments) to appear on the final EGU stroke average rankings.
- Stroke differential is determined by the average of a player's score differences to the course rating per round.
- The course rating is the average of the top 33% scores for each completed round of 18 holes.
- The average of the best 8 of the differentials (rounds), determines a player's position on the order of merit.
- Compulsory tournaments is the Ekurhuleni Closed, if unavailable a letter from the person must be sent to the EGU with a reason, why you can’t play.
- Alternative Senior/Mid-Am 18 hole rounds are available for those guys who don’t or can’t travel. Contact the EGU office for details of these events.
- Any 'no return' will be allocated the highest score for the round, unless there is reasonable proof the player discontinued play due to illness, injury or any other acceptable reason approved by the Ekurhuleni Executive Committee.
5. Ekurhuleni Team Selection:
- The top Six (6) available players after the 2018 North West Mid-Amateur Open on the EGU Mid-Amateur stroke average order of merit will be an automatic selection into the Ekurhuleni Mid-Amateur Inter-provincial Team.
- In addition, Two (2) Wild Card players will be selected regardless of their status on the EGU Stroke averages or the SAGA Order of Merit by the Executive Selection Sub Committee.
6. In addition to the selection criteria:
In the Team selection process, Attitude and Behaviour displayed by players are of paramount importance.
The only individuals who will be eligible for selection for any Ekurhuleni Golf Union team - irrespective of position on the order of merit - will be those who consistently display a respect for the etiquette of the game, as well as an Attitude and Behaviour that are of the highest standard.